Learn powerful and efficient image management
Adobe Lightroom Course
The bane of digital photography is the sheer volume of images we produce.
Looking at them, sifting through, organising and finding them and working with the few that are worth working with has become a big challenge.
Adobe Lightroom is a fantastic tool to help you with that. It will enable you to organise your images with greater speed than you have ever hoped for.
Together we will come up with a streamlined method of managing your pictures and your backlog irrespective of where those images are at the moment.
Lightroom is also an intuitive tool that allows you to turn image editing into a fast-paced, satisfying process. Enjoy discovering your photos!
What will I learn?
The library module
- Import your images from a memory card or any internal or external hard drive
- Stop looking at your photos on your camera or your phone. Start looking at them inside Lightroom. Learn to select the ones that have potential and delete the ones you don’t want to keep
- Add keywords to your photos. This is the only way you will be able to locate them years from now and organise them into albums in any way you like
- Start using Lightroom’s flagging and colour attributes to mark images
- Manage your photos across any number of external drives
The develop module
- Edit single images to your liking
- Learn to use the histogram for basic corrections of exposure
- See the difference between editing a RAW and JPEG file
- Understand and practise the logic of the Lightroom way of editing: start with simple adjustments and proceed to less frequently used, fine-tuning editing
- Copy editing settings across images and create virtual copies to experiment with
- Create or use presets for frequently used operations
Working with collections
- Use your keywords and all available metadata to organise your photography into neat collections based on any combination of people, events or locations
- Use collections for creating slideshows (a lovely to trick to get your audience to watch your photos) and books to be physically printed
Exporting and printing your images
- Learn how to export your images for various uses: publishing them on social media, emailing them to friends or getting them printed at home or in a photo lab
Backup and Archival
- I can’t encourage you enough to spend time with me and establish a workflow for regularly backing up and archiving your photography
This workshop is ideally suited for the online format. I can demonstrate everything on your computer via Zoom and we can collaborate even more efficiently than by sitting at the same desk and fighting over the ideal screen viewing angle.
The typical course consists of three segments that can completed in one session or distributed over several ones.
First, I’ll introduce you to how Lightroom works, the program interface and we learn how to work in the Library.
Second, we’ll get into the Develop module and editing.
Third, creative practise and applying everything we’ve learned to your images. We’ll analyse and review any image that you’d like to work on and discuss in-depth what creative choices it offers.
Frequently asked questions
ExposureWorks offers exclusive, 1-to-1 tutoring primarily in Central and SE London. Courses and workshops can be, however, arranged anywhere in the UK. The Tutor can travel to you or meet you at an agreed venue. Depending on your chosen location there will be an additional fee to cover the Tutor’s expenses and time spent travelling. The cost of this will always be discussed and agreed with you prior to finalising the booking.
As a boutique service, the day and time of the booking is up to the individual agreement between the Tutor and the Client. There is no extra charge for early morning, late night, weekend or Bank Holiday courses.
Please get in touch using the Contact Form or any other means posted on the site. After the initial assessment of your needs the Tutor will recommend you a study plan and course length. The final decision, is naturally, always up to you. Once you have agreed on a specific date and time(s) you will receive an invoice with payment instructions. Please pay your invoice according to the instructions (see Payment [link]). Without payment your booking cannot be finalised and the Tutor reserves the right to accept a booking from a different client.
Any workshop or course can be bought in the form of a Gift Voucher. Get in touch and let me know which workshop you’re interested in. Send me the name of the recipient so that I could email you a personalised Gift Voucher that you can print and surprise them with.
To pay for the Voucher I’ll send you a standard invoice.
Gift Vouchers are valid for 3 months after the date when you present them (i.e. not from the date of purchase but from the date of your beloved’s birthday or whatever the festive occasion is).
Once the booking is agreed on, you will receive an invoice with payment instructions. The agreed price is to be transferred via Bank Transfer at least 14 days before the course or, if the booking is made for a date less than 14 days away, upon receipt of the invoice.
Unless explicitly agreed, no course will be held without prior payment.
ExposureWorks practises a policy of “Extreme Good Will” and will work with you should you need to reschedule a workshop and find a replacement date. To be absolutely clear: rescheduling means cancelling one workshop and booking another instead.
If the Client requests rescheduling more than 14 days before the date of the previously agreed course, there is no rescheduling fee.
If the Client requests rescheduling less than 14 days but more than 7 days before the date of the previously agreed course, the re-booking will be subject to a rescheduling fee amounting to 25% of the cost of the workshop.
If the Client requests rescheduling 7 days or less before the date of the previously agreed course, the re-booking will be subject to a rescheduling fee amounting to 50% of the cost of the workshop.
Remote Assitance and First Aid
When the metaphorical lightning strikes and images go missing from Lightroom or you need a new external drive but you hesitate to migrate your files yourself, arrange a remote first aid session and let me help you sort out whatever you need to have sorted out.
It’s simple and cost-efficient. I will recommend a solution, supervise its execution and you only get charged for my time spent online.
Video Editing Course
Take control of the gigabytes of video you shoot technically and creatively.
Understand the logic behind the editing process which is independent of what software you use.
This course will get you started with Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X and for those producing more fast turn-around, social media content with Screenflow or Camtasia.
Ongoing, regular sessions that enable me and you to work together towards your goal. We focus on your specific area of interest: from lighting your yoga studio for online classes to shooting interviews, corporate events or weddings.
About the tutor
György (a.k.a Gyuri and pronounced [dew-rie]) trained as a cinematographer and has been in the industry for over 15 years. He shoots independent features, shorts, documentaries.
Regular / Online
Bookings? Questions? Get in touch!