Advanced Practical Workshop with lots of challenging exercises
'I want more'
'I like the manual mode but often miss shots'
'I want to maximise the potential of my equipment'
Is this course for me?
This class will have you brushing up your photography skills in no time and you’ll be combining theory with as much hands-on practice as possible.
The only requirement is that you be familiar with what’s covered in the Beginners Level 1 class. If you know about aperture, shutter speed and ISO, if you’re at least somewhat confident about working with depth-of-field and motion blur then you’re ready!
Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a pro. We can always go back to the basics. (We just don’t want to.)
What will you learn?
Practise, practise, practise
Understand your lenses
Although all 1-to-1 courses are based on your individual needs, we will definitely cover the following technical topics on the Level 2 Advanced Photography Course:
- the medium gray and its relevance to metering your exposure
- exposure compensation in Manual mode and in semi-automatic modes
- managing high and extreme high contrast in your photography and understanding the limitations of your equipment
- the histogram and dynamic range
- low-light and extreme low-light photography and learning to master your ISO setting
- the basics of flash photography and flash exposure compensation
- white balance
- RAW and JPEG
- lens choice (wide-angle, standard, telephoto)
- principles of composition and framing
- 6 hours
- 4 hours
- 4 hours
- 2 Workshops
- Twice 4 hours
The Not So Small Print