IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
- Have you taken hundreds of pictures on your last trip?
- Do you have thousands of images scattered all over your computer, your phone or on external drives?
- Do you have the impression that finding your favorite picture is like looking for a needle in a haystack?
- Do you wish you could edit your images in a fast and intuitive way in a software that does not intimidate you with a complicated layout?
- Would you like to know how to add that extra bit of punch to your shots that make them stand out?
Then the Adobe Lightroom course is what you’re looking for!
Don’t let your digital images get on top of you. Become their master with Lightroom!
'There is no way I can sort through the thousands of images I have on computer...'
'My photos are all over place, I have no idea where to find them...'
'I don't understand RAW. And what is this Histogram thingie? It's just too much!'
What will the course give you?
Handle thousands of images
Attributes, flags, ratings
The Library Module
The Develop Module
Feedback on camera settings
The course focuses on the two major sets of tools offered by Lightroom. First, we will look at The Library Module, the place to organise, tag and manage safely and efficiently the hundreds and thousands of images that you may have on your computer, external drives and memory cards. We will discuss your individual data management needs to make sure that you find the right workflow for your specific needs.
Here are a few examples:
- your images are all over your computer’s harddrive and you need to reorganise them
- your images are spread all over several computers and/or external drives
- you don’t really know where your images might be, you may have been using other software to browse them, perhaps iPhoto
- you need to keep your own personal and business-related images separate or have separate accounts on one computer for various family members
- your images are quite organised but you need to find a secure way to back them up
We will look at how Lightroom is organised, where and how it creates its own files and where your image files go. We’ll look at the Library Module in great detail and see how you import, organise, tag and add keywords to images. We’ll examine all the ways in which you can then search for and filter images and create smart, dynamically updated collections (albums) and the various ways you can then export and share your images with others be it on social media or in a print photo book.
Most importantly, thanks to all the people who have attended this course in the past two years, I know how to help you truly understand what’s happening to your image files so you never need to worry again about losing pictures and feeling that all this is something that you will and can never understand and master.
During the second half of the course, you will learn the workings of the extremely intuitive and creative editing interface that Lightroom offers. All the editing is done in the Develop Module: we’ll get to know the incredible flexibility offered by its intuitive tools. The image correction and enhancement interface allows precise adjustments as well as creative improvisations.
Among others we’ll discuss the following topics:
- understanding the Histogram
understanding the difference between image formats like JPEG and RAW
- changing the composition and the aspect ratio of your images – crop your images to reveal their full potential
- turning images into stunning, crisp black-and-white images or working with their colours
- apply creative filters to make your images come to life in unexpected ways
methods of non-destructive global and local adjustments of exposure, contrast and colours
MY COURSES ARE NEVER LECTURES
The course ends with plenty of time left for guided creative practice. To get the most out of the course bring along your favorite RAW images to work on: portraits, landscapes, scanned negatives, holiday photos or macro and wildlife shots. While you apply the techniques you’ve just learned, the tutor will help you with your selected image and offer tips to maximise the potential of your image. This is where all the fun starts: looking at what makes your image stand out and thinking about all the subtle ways to catch people’s attention.
The latest version of Lightroom is called alternatively CC (Creative Cloud) or version 6. But please don’t feel under pressure to come with the latest version – everything we’ll discuss is equally applicable to older versions of the program. If you don’t yet have Lightroom, you can always download a 7-day trial of Lightroom is from Adobe.
- 4-hour introductory course starting at
- Photo Surgery consultation starting at
GET IN TOUCH TO BOOK AN ON-LOCATION 1-TO-1 COURSE TODAY!
(GIFT VOUCHERS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE IN CASE YOU’D LIKE TO SURPRISE YOUR BETTER HALF.)
The ExposureWorks Lightroom course can be organised when and where it’s most convenient to you: in the comfort of your office or home or in a café close to you.
All 1-to-1 courses are tailored to your individual needs with discounts for repeat bookings. Bring along a friend and you will both receive a 25% discount!
The recommended length of the introductory course is 4 hours. Emergency, 1-hour Photo Surgery consultations are also available.
Please feel free to get in touch any time to discuss availability and pricing.